• BruceTwarzen@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I build my own pc’s for 24 or so years now. You wouldn’t believe how long i installed a floppy drive into my gaming pc’s, just because that’s how i always done it.

• rifugee@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I still have a floppy drive, though it’s not connected anymore. I built my main PC 20 years ago and I’ve upgraded the core components of it four times now and just left the drive in each time, but the current mb doesn’t have the connection. I did actually use it about 5-6 years ago to pull off data from a bunch of disks for an elderly person, but I think that was the only time.

• SokathHisEyesOpen@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I just barely threw away some old SVCD movies that I torrented back when torrent was brand new. I had an entire folder of them and have hung onto them all these years despite never rewatching them. I had the version of the first Hulk movie where he’s not wearing pants in one of the shots because it was a leak from before it was actually finished. But I finally got to a point where I was certain I’d never actually put those CDs in a player again.