• decadentrebel@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Tbf, of the big manufacturers, Samsung is the egregious offender. As long as you avoid them in particular, the UX on the other brands are okay. But ofc, using a streaming player is highly recommended.

• sigmaklimgrindset@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

This is super interesting, as I have both a Samsung and Sony that I bought in 2018, and Sony’s Android UI is by far more laggy and intrusive than Samsung’s.

Both have never been connected to the internet, but my Sony tv will not shut up about not functioning “optimally” without wifi, tries to constantly load sponsored content on the homescreen, and has giant built in Netflix, Google Play and Google Voice buttons on the remote. The Samsung TV asked me for the wifi at setup (I said no), and now just asks what input I want to display from when I turn it on.

I have no other Samsung devices, but from what I hear, Samsung UI across all their tech seems to have shit the bed the last couple of years. I wonder what changed.

• decadentrebel@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I think this applies to the more recent TVs. My Bravia was purchased last 2021 and I would gladly trade that OS for the one on my LG C1/LG QNEDs (and especially my 2020 Samsung) if it meant not buying a Firestick. No intrusive ads, no laggy UI, and you could easily sideload apps.