Share your shave of the day for Tuesday!

• sgrdddy@sub.wetshaving.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Prep: Splash of Cool Water
    Razor: Gillette - Aristocrat 15 OC (UK)
    Blade: Gillette - Platinum (6)
    Lather: Summer Break Soaps - Remote Learning
    Brush: Declaration Grooming - B13 Dogwood/Briar Hybrid 28mm (20 uses)
    Post Shave: Stirling - Scarn

Gear Pic :: Video

䷀ General Notes

Today is to try again with the slurry lather on a high density brush. Needs more work, because it took some adjustments to get right.

䷀ Razor and Blade Notes

(Gillette - Aristocrat 15 OC - UK ::: Gillette - Platinum ‹6 uses›)

A wonderful match today. tiny bit of blade feel, but mostly just super slick glide and great comfort.

Razor and Blade Performance/Comfort Rating: 4 out of 5 (Very Good)

䷀ Soap Notes

(Summer Break Soaps - Remote Learning)

Them: Doritos

Scent: nacho cheesy corn tortilla chips is the goal here. I imagine that’s a tough challenge. While smelling the dry tub and the wet lather, what comes to me first is a cookie sweet type scent that reminds me of some cinnamon schoolbook cookies from Trader Joes. It’s a nice scent, so I don’t mind if my brain never switches away from that.

If I know it is supposed to be corn chips, then I can definitely see that in the scent. So that’s cool.

But even if I set my brain to try to find a cheesy note in there, I really can’t.

I think it might be more realistic with a hint-of-cumin type scent in there, but of course, that could make it hard on skin maybe.

While I may not really get a Doritos scent from it, I think it’s a great attempt, and I know that I like shaving with it anyway.

Scent Strength: 4/10, present during shaving.

Lather… So, knowing that I had a slightly wetter tub of soap, since I had used it previously, I loaded 20seconds again, with the same very wet brush.

But it still wasn’t enough soap. So I’ll bump it up more next time.

But the slurry didn’t form like it should for pass 1, and I think the brush may need more water in it too. So I have a few issues that need working on regarding slurry lather using a high density knot.

But after adjustments, I still got a super slick shave, enabling great protection and a razor that would glide as fast as I needed it to.

Hydration: Perfect (for me)

• 7 sec load with a Very Wet brush
    • = 3 passes of lather

Bowl: No Bowl

䷀ Brush Notes

(Declaration Grooming - B13 Dogwood/Briar Hybrid 28mm ‹20 uses›)

The luxury of this brush is a bit lost on a super wet method like the Slurry Lather, it seems.

It may not actually hold enough water to do the method justice, but further experimentation is required. I still don’t think I loaded enough, so I need to get that right first.

During the Shave Feel:
      Cheeks: Almost Smooth
      Neck: Almost Smooth
    After the Shave Closeness:
      Cheeks: Near BBS - About as close as I’ll ever get
      Neck: Cut flush to where I just see the tips (above average for me)

Ending of Blades Ledger - entry form and the data spreadsheet