I just updated to the most recent version of Jerboa (the Android Lemmy client), and when I tried to log in to Beehaw, I got a message saying that Beehaw’s server version is older than the minimum version now required by Jerboa.

Not complaining. Just FYI.

• wildeaboutoskar@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You might want to sticky a post saying that as I imagine you’ll get a fair few people saying the same thing when they update Jerboa. Might save you a headache!

• The Cuuuuube@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Just like… I dunno. A heads-up. On my secondary account, I’ve noticed SIGNIFICANT issues with v0.18.0. Specifically, UI buttons (subscribe and block) not working or appearing correctly. It also has an annoying habit of not respecting my user settings. I’m not saying don’t upgrade because it’s generally not ideal to leave outdated software hanging, but the new version of lemmy may be introducing new administrative overhead for y’all on the admin team.

Also, is there an appropriate term for the admin team? Are y’all the queen bees? What’s the preferred nomenclature?

• Helix@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

We’re hoping that v0.18.1 is out within the week or even tomorrow, when we wanted to upgrade.

• shoe@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I tried a couple of other apps but didn’t like them as much as jerboa. Just using the mobile site for now

If you haven’t updated to 0.0.35+ of jerboa yet…don’t! 😅

• Neotecha (She/her)@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Jerboa 0.0.35 upgraded automatically for me.

At first it was crashing frequently, but it seems to have gotten somewhat better. Hopefully it will continue to improve

• flatbield@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yes what version are we talking about? 0.0.35 seems to work though crashes quite a lot and does not honor configured default view.

• Neotecha (She/her)@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yup 0.0.35, and the exact same set of issues.

It’s just the first day or two, I couldn’t go 10 minutes without crashing. Now it still crashes a couple times per day, but it lasts more like an hour or two

This is just my experience with Jerboa

• flatbield@beehaw.org
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Thanks. I wonder if that is a code problem or an upgrade problem. Has anyone tried a clean install?