I had been feeling a bit drawn in to reddit for the past few months before the divorce. I feel like the slower pace at which content comes out on Lemmy is good for me in that way. I can’t just scroll and scroll and scroll my entire day away.

Does anyone else feel similar?

• win98@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Honestly: no.

But I must say that I wasnt enjoying reddit in the way I used to anymore. I used to scroll reddit in bed to wind down, mostly text posts (meaningful conversations) or cute animal pictures. Last few years it turned into doomscrolling with way too much video content like tiktok/reels/shorts. So I enjoy the text and image focus on Lemmy which also seems more civil (for now?).

• Jfqs6m@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah doomscrolling started to be a real problem for me. I am a new(ish) father, so scrolling through /r/all was starting to give me some serious dread every day. I realized if I just scrolled through my subscribed subs and made sure there was nothing political there, my mental health went waaaaay way up. Like night and day difference, I became a much different (and better) person to be around.