Just making sure I’m in the right place. I cannot see any developed communities here so I’ve started wondering, what’s the real place everyone from Reddit has moved to? I’ve heard something about Discuit, but never tried it.

• chrisphero@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I always remind myself to do this… Interesting post but no comments? Just add the first comment and a conversation will start - for me at least, there was always somebody commenting.

• Papanca@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I really try to make an effort to contribute. I sometimes still find it a bit uncomfortable - i remember the harsh ways people got called out/downvoted/got incredibly unkind replies on reddit-, but i try to do it anyway, if i feel i have something to contribute/something kind to say/have a question

• LilDestructiveSheep@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Got ya. You can’t make people always agree with you. Sometimes your opinion is just unpopular. But it is important to speak with each other in a proper manner. Maybe we learn from each other.

Never go the way of people pleasing. Be kind and you will receive it.

• can@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I do this all the time. Even if my comment isn’t substantial it lowers the barrier to entry for others.