• Powerpoint@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Canadian here but still, shoes in house? Gross. Obsession with gun culture? Also gross.

• RGB3x3@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

What I really hate is that it seems like American homes are designed for wearing your shoes indoors. Entryways don’t commonly have enough space next to the doors to put shoes or a shoe caddy, or there’s no nearby wall, so you’d have to put your shoes out in the open.

I know that may be a dumb excuse, but it always annoys me

• atomicorange@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Shoes in the house is very regional. I live in Colorado and everyone takes off their shoes just inside the door when visiting. The only exception would be like if someone came to deliver a piece of furniture or something where they need foot protection. Maybe it’s more common where it doesn’t ever snow, to leave them on?

• forgotaboutlaye@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Also Canadian, and never understood it - but in thinking, are there any Canadian shows that show the people in their own house without shoes on?

• XbSuper@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Canadian too, I wear my shoes inside. I don’t have kids, and I don’t roll around on the floor, so why would I care?

• gazter@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

For me, outside is dirty and that’s fine, inside is clean.

If I stepped in chewing gum or dogshit or even just general grime, I don’t want that inside.