• walden@sub.wetshaving.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Not all landscapers can “landscape”. Hired a guy to build a pad for a shed which included a small retaining wall. The guy doesn’t own a level, and the end result is visibly not level. I showed him with my laser level what was going on, and he didn’t believe me. He started adding MORE material to the high spot.

He was aggressive about needing to be paid. Very aggressive. I paid him since he knows where we live. Unless we sue him and win, we’re out $4800, and to have it done correctly (with a fancier wall) will be $6500.

TLDR: Don’t hire a lawn service company to build anything.

• Morcyphr@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

That sucks, I’m sorry that happened. But landscapers are not concrete people. I will say that any of either profession I’ve dealt with were aggressive about payment. I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy tried to give you a change order for additional money?

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

It didn’t need any concrete, I hired him to do a stone wall. I didn’t want anything fancy, and had the whole thing been level I would have been happy enough with it.

• Dubious_Fart@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

thats when you take a fraction of the money you would have paid him, and buy security cameras for your house. High quality security cameras, with night vision.

Then contact a lawyer for damages to undo what he did.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I have a good 4M camera covering the entire front of our house already. Driveway, front yard, front door, etc. We’ll see if I take him to court. It’s really not worth the effort and time at this point, but it would be fun to waste his time even if I lose.

• Dubious_Fart@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

boy I wish I was rich enough to throw away thousands of dollars with a shrug and “To much effort to deal with it”