• DankZedong @lemmygrad.mlOPM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Just came back from futsal with coworkers and I remembered I forgot to make the threads the past weeks, mainly because I was busy.

I spent the last weeks doing yoga and mostly at home/body workouts. I found a new leg day exercise where I just walk up and down the stairs with a weighted backpack lol. I didn’t expect it to work this good, because after going up and down like six times (9 stairs total) I was sore as hell after the first few times I did this.

I’m still doing the cold showers thing. I’ve reached the stage where I just start at the coldest setting possible and hop right in. I still don’t think I’m the invincible God figure everyone claims you will be, but it’s a nice start of the day.

• DankZedong @lemmygrad.mlOPM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

That depends on who you listen to. Wim Hof, famous Dutch ‘iceman’ for example, says it makes you a beast and you won’t get sick or depressed anymore. I think that’s a bit of a stretch.

Based on my own experience, I would say it serves as a breathing and stress handling exercise. There’s this sort of fear when you start doing this, a fear of getting into something uncomfortable. And once you go in, you trigger this fight or flight reaction. The key is to remain calm, focus on your breathing and stay in the cold water. After a few times of doing this, you find it easier to remain calm and it seems as if you can handle the stress in a better way.

And it does save money lol.

• Detectorist@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Came across this thread right on time. I feel like I’m finally developing some consistency. Feels good; gotta keep it up.

• El_Schnorro@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Slacked off the last two months and didn’t do anything apart from football training but just started running again and I’ll start lifting again 3 times a week. Gotta regain my glorious calves and thighs from running up hills and squatting.

• CohortCzort@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ive been increasing my leg day from once a week. Now doing 2 - 3 leg days. The problem im running into now is im running out of weights and other heavy objects, which force me to do more calisthenics.

• o_d@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m a yoga 7 days a week boi (yin on Sundays). I usually am out on my bike in the morning more by this time of year but the weather and wildfire smoke have been less than ideal for that this year.

I’ve also been doing the cold shower thing, but cool throughout and ~30 seconds of cold 🥶 at the end. I can’t really tell if it’s doing much, but it’s not hurting so I’m keeping it up for now.

• ATiredPhilosopher@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Active rest day today with some physio (sore tailbone due to planned rapid weight loss) and some yoga. Going hard on PPL split for the next 3 days, massage on rest day and then a deload cycle because I feel a bit worn out. To everyone getting after it, keep up the work comrades 🫡

• KommandoGZD@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Was back in the gym for the first time in years yesterday. Just felt that itch for the first time in a long long while that calisthenics just can’t satisfy. First time benching in like 5 years I think.

Very interesting to observe how my body has changed since I was last in a gym. My pulling strength still vastly outperforms pushing, but it’s even more pronounced now. I almost curled my bench weight lol. Also my decent dip strength apparently has fuck all carry over to benching. Feels like most of that strength went into shoulders and tris.

Haven’t really settled on a plan yet, but PHUL looks real interesting for getting back into the groove.

Any of yous here got some experience coming back from a lifting hiatus? Any tips?

• non-diegetic screams@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ll be finishing this 3 week cycle Friday. I’ve been kicking over playing with conjugate lifting again, but it’s probably a bad idea.

I think I’ll rotate snatch grip deadlifts out, and sumo in, just to switch things up. Front squats and push press are moving well!