He made 23.5 million Euros in 2022. This guy is at the head of a Monster of a Corporation that owns: Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Citroën, Dodge, DS, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Mopar, Opel, Peugeot, Ram, and Vauxhall.

• ninjan@lemmy.mildgrim.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Kinda makes sense that they fit under the same umbrella. It’s a large section of what I’d call mediocre car makers. Not the absolute worst, but far from the best.

• setVeryLoud(true);@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Used to be Hyundai / Kia, but they’re blowing them out of the water quality, reliability and interior design wise these days.

No worse place to be than a Dodge interior.

• Ilovethebomb@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Hyundai have been making reliable cars for a very long time though, my mother has a Santa Fe with over 300k km on it.

• setVeryLoud(true);@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 months ago

Indeed, I feel like Hyundai / Kia cars either shit the bed really early, or last a really long time like a Toyota. No in-between.

Case in point, my 2020 Elantra blew its engine at 7,000km. Got it replaced under warranty, doing frequent maintenance on it, going strong at 70,000 km with zero issues. It just now needed brakes!

• ninjan@lemmy.mildgrim.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

Fair point. Most really cheap crap is long gone these days. But I’d rather sit in one of those three than a Land Rover, Ssangyong or Nissan (which has been plagued with horrible reliability issues as of late).

• Ilovethebomb@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Oh god, SsangYong. I had an LDV work van until recently, when it blew a head gasket at seven years old. Rusty piece of shit.

• Urbanfox@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I test drove an Alfa Romeo Giulia and it was a shambles from beginning to end.

He pulls the demo car round, and it was out of fuel, had a flat tyre, the engine management light was on, and the oil temp was sky high.

This was the demo car. The one they use to sell people on the brand.

Noped right out of there and bought German.

• drolex@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Bless him.

The guy has made Peugeot a profitable company. This is a bona fide miracle, given how shitty the cars have become. BUT! Now they are shitty and 40% more expensive, you absolutely need to buy one.

• Damage@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I’m happy with mine but holy fuck it guzzles gasoline like it’s got a hole in the tank

• AngryCommieKender@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Upgrade your fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, and plug wires. The ones they stick on at the factory work, but don’t provide optimal fuel consumption. Doing this, and watching my tach I got an old Forester to get around 25mpg delivering food.

• zoe @infosec.pub
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

maybe make sure injectors are working properly (defective injectors have more fuel return thus higher consumption) ? or throttle body uncalibrated ? or good fuel pump motor. After changing the fuel pump motor i had a diesel mpg (60mpg) with my gasoline car (which used to be at 30, sometimes 20mpg, which was too much :/)

• pgp@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I can vouch for this, having had a 308 van that was bleeding me dry annually through the revisions, even if they’re not expensive to buy, the maintenance is ridiculously expensive.

• nxfsi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

And yet your meme is right-aligned. Curious.

spoiler

The meme text alignment

• qooqie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Oof, I don’t feel so good for the UAW peoples that are striking. Need more to strike and need more companies being striked. Fuck these companies that siphon money and let their workers live and die in poverty

• jmcs
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Well, more than half of Stellantis factories are in Europe and have at least an half decent collective working agreement in place. I don’t even want to imagine how bad the contracts for the factories they have in Asia and Africa are though.

• Moonrise2473@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Compared to other CEOs, 23 million euros is a miserable salary for such an huge corporation. Maybe that’s why he wants to pay less for workers.

(Not to say that he should take more, if it was for me I would cap salaries at 500k at most by law, no matter how important is your role)

• dingleberry
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Google CEO made something like 200mil from stocks alone last year.

• Astroturfed@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Do not buy a jeep… at least one made after this piece of shit company changed up all the drivetrains post 08 take over. Worst car I ever owned. Transmission failed in 2 years.

• ikidd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I own 4 jeeps and I endorse this comment. The youngest one I have left is an 08, the oldest is a 77.

• girl4life2023@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

he can take that Jeep Dodge and Ram that chysler, citroen and Peugeot in his Opel Vauxhall. and give him a Mopar for his Maserati. and be done with it. … sorry couldn’t help my self.

• NocturnalMorning@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

This is kind of stupid and useless. These are brands under a single company, not separate entities. Many many companies use different branding for the stuff the make and build. It’s all still fiat Chrysler or whatever they’re xalling themselves these days.

p.s. I used to work at fiat Chrysler, thats how I know.