• spicycape@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

Desecrates is the good term, reading the ketchup thing made me remember when I was in montreal at a fast food shawarma and pizza place, they also had poutine but with GRATED CHEESE, I was hurt

• Album@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

These guys have such a crazy social media presence for a shawarma shop. First the toktiks and yt shorts, now this.

• ThatWeirdGuy1001@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Food purists are some of the weirdest people.

Never understood why people care so much about how other people eat their food.

• FleetingTit@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

The dude who runs Shelby’s makes funny tok tok shorts about ketchup on shawarma. He even has a set of recurring characters and includes customers in his sketches sometimes. This is an elaborate inside joke.

• SnipingNinja@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I don’t get people who are bothered by others eating things how they want, but idk if my personal peeve puts me in the food purist category or a language prescrivist (I’m usually the opposite of it). I think food items should be called what they’re and names should not be interchanged because the idea seems similar, like a crunchwrap isn’t a calzone (the comparison I could recall from the top of my head)

• Polar@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Worst offenders are meat eaters. If the meat isn’t mooing, you might as well eat shit and die.

Like who cares? If someone wants a raw piece of meat or a burned to fuck piece of charcoal? They’re the ones eating it. Let them.

• kaj@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

The only reason to care is if there are innocent victims involved

• Muehe@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Well here is where my PhD in tracking stuff on paper, which gets handed out in triplicate to every German child at birth, comes in handy. The signature line customarily includes the date again because printing date and signing date (and thus validity) might differ. And yes, I know this is not applicable in a restaurant (hopefully), but that’s generally the reason when it occurs.

• ChaoticNeutralCzech@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I mean, it should not be hard to program the printer to put the date on the signature line as well, the date does not need to be handwritten.