Posting for personal posting clarity as well as to put out something for thought to the community.

I’m not sure what r/shrooms policy was on this, I don’t recall really noticing Amanita related posts on there though.

Amanita mushrooms are NOT psylocibin mushrooms but instead have different chemistry involved. Many guides mark them as poisonous, but some Amanita varieties, most commonly and notably Amanita Muscaria, are psychedelic in nature. Use of these mushrooms in such a manner dates back centuries, likely millenia, in regions with pine forests.

I’m in favor of including all mushrooms of psychedelic nature, but it is important to consider this for the community moving forward.

I’ve started seeing Amanita Muscaria popping up in smoke shops in my area in the US all of a sudden. It’s generally legal and ignored, but it seems like it is going the way of Delta 8 and all the cannabinoids here soon. So expect to see WAY more discussion of mushrooms in reference to Amanita Muscaria in the coming months/years.

• plague-sapiens@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    Deutsch
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Amanita Muscaria is awesome. The Ibotenic acid needs to be decarbed to form Muscimol, which is more or less a GABAergic hypnotic. Low doses are like a benzo high, mid doses are more trippy, high doses are definitely a mix between a hallucinogen and hypnotic. Oh and it mixes very well with Ethanol. Best recipe so far is decarbing the mushrooms at around 60°C in the oven for some hours or let them sit somewhere dry and cold for 4-6 months. Crush the dried material, put it in Vodka and let it sit for 1-2 weeks. 2g shrooms per 100ml Vodka is usually enough, cause Amanita Muscaria trips start at around 1g of dried shrooms.