• The Snark Urge@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

After trying to think of an answer for a minute, I have resolved to try harder.

That’s the best I’ve got for now chief 🦾😒

• Moonguide@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Childhood friend invited me to his wedding, and bought a suit that was way too large, everywhere. Got it tailored and it ended up being too small everywhere except shoulders, too wide. Had a month left to bulk up my shoulders and slim down. Ended up fitting like a glove. Haven’t looked that good in ages.

• SturgiesYrFase@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I’ve lost 20kg over the last 5 months. Got another 10kg to go til I’m at my usual winter weight, just gotta keep it off til next summer and drop another 10kgish.

Not much, but it’s mine and I did it without drastically changing my life.

• erebus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I can swing a 15 lb mace pretty easily and do multiple reps on both sides. I can handle a 20 lb mace on both sides if I’m not fatigued or too distractible to mind my form. I can do one-handed swings with a 10 lb mace.

For comparison, in July I could barely swing a 10 pounder with two hands and I nearly fucked myself up in August trying to swing a 15. It took a while to work up to swinging with my left hand (the weaker one) on the bottom because of the strength disparity between the sides.

My next goal is to earn the L1 Tacfit certification next month.

• Procedure8295@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I’m finally back at my normal 1 rep max weights after covid. It took me a year to go back to the gym and about 6 months to get back to my previous max. Focused a lot more on cardio this time which has helped a lot.

• The Giant Korean@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I had surgery over a month ago and wasn’t allowed to lift anything heavier than 30lb. So I ended up (carefully) doing a bunch of bodyweight exercises. Now I’m gradually adding weight to my lifts again.

• ShaggySnacks@lemmy.myserv.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Three wins I got this summer were:

1. Routinely hike 15+ km and went from taking a break to catch my breath to taking breaks to enjoy being in nature.
    2. Able to do a pull up from a neutral position.
    3. Hovering climbing 1,776 stairs in 30 minutes on the stair machine.