• ShittyRedditWasBetter@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Of fucking course they are pissed. Governments are having them dump money into solutions that are expensive and a shitty solution for most people. Then they move the bar because, oh look it turns out the materials are near impossible to get enough of and most customers don’t have the infrastructure to charge yet. But yeah I’m sure pussyfooting around converting gas stations to electric is going to solve the issue 🤦‍♂️.

• Centillionaire@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

People are not thinking this through. Most of the emissions is coming from India and China for cars, and they are not able to switch to electric.

It would be better to get people to work from home. Mandate that a job that can be done from home is done from home. That would be an instant climate boon.

• leaskovski@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Thats like me asking my kids to clean their bedrooms up, and one of them turning around and saying no because the other hasn’t cleaned their room up. FFS if we all did this, then the world is fucked.

• bluGill@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

US and Europe are very significant on the world stage as well. China is already making a push to electric cars. India will switch to electric as well if the rest of the world does just because it will be so much easier to follow.

• Flax@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

I’d rather not be confined in my own home 24/7 thank you very much.