Working in food sucks in general. I would know I’ve been doing it for almost 14 years now. You drive to the store. You enter the store. You order your food. If there are any complications with your order you’re told right then and there.

But I’ll never forget the day my job introduced mobile ordering. It immediately made everything worse in almost every way. Customers ordering shit we ran out of, shit we no longer offer, setting the pickup time 5 minutes after placing the order then getting mad when it’s not done on time. All this while we can’t communicate with the customer at all until they arrive to find the order incomplete because we couldn’t contact them to figure out what they wanted to do.

Then door dash became a thing and all those exact problems became even worse. It slows down the entire store to the point of disrupting the customers who came in to order.

Why the fuck would you go through a third party system to obtain food when you can just go get the fucking food

Basically if you use mobile ordering or a delivery service you’re a big part of why food service has done nothing but get harder and more frustrating. And I do hold it against you.

Edit: I don’t think lemmy understands how unpopularopinion is supposed to work…

Edit 2: Considering how many people clearly disagree with me and seeing how few upvotes this post has gotten, lemmy clearly has no idea how unpopularopinion works.

Glad to know the Reddit custom of ignoring that still lives on.

• Brekky@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Great use of this thread, I disagree with your opinion but love hearing your viewpoint. I agree there a problem with the whole set up and I don’t know the solution. But I like that i have way more options than 10/15 years ago when i could only pick from chippy, Chinese, curry or pizza for a lazy dinner. (Uk).