Obviously not looking for hyperaccurate answers, just in general, how many people tend to unsubscribe from promotional emails and how many tick the option “I never signed up for this”?

• kent_eh@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Not to mention, I can buy just about any non-EU email address i want on demand.

That such a marketplace exists is a major annoyance.

• funkless_eck@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

I see “email is dead” a lot. It’s not. I use it every day and so do most people.

It’d be a nightmare to conduct everything I do via email via whatsapp or Jira or Instagram messenger…

• المنطقة عكف عفريت@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

This might be hard to believe for those who say that, but I still email my friends. I’m 30 years old, decided to let go of all social media, and other friends enjoy sitting to focus for a few minutes and write something thoughtful. Depending on the country you live in, most communication with authorities or services will be via email.

• blackbrook@mander.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Email is really the only mainstream communication medium that’s not owned by some shitty company or other.

• Helix 🧬@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

But good to know that there’s a line between that and EU mails. Glad the EU legislated that away.