I’m new to Lemmy, and I was not a Reddit user. I have been using Mastodon regularly since November, so I am familiar with the general concepts of instances in the Fediverse.

The part I’m having trouble with is:

1.) How do I see and edit my own list of subscribed Lemmy communities? I do not see where this is listed.

2.) How do I follow/subscribe to communities on other Lemmy instances? I haven’t seen any way to interact between Lemmy instances.

3.) Is it possible to subscribe to individuals on a Lemmy instance, or just communities?

4.) Is it possible to follow specific threads/topics instead of entire communities?

I apologize if these seem like stupid questions. They seem like things I should be able to do, but I don’t know how.

• Teodomo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My main question is how do I stop the feed from autorefreshing. I’ve tried switching all the knobs for feed types but the autorefresh is insane. Like I try to see the most popular posts and I can’t even read their titles before it’s flooded with new posts with 1 upvote.

• Muddybulldog@mylemmy.win
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

There’s a fix for this in 18.0. Lemmy.world will not be upgrading until 18.1 when captcha support for registration is restored.

• WolfMunroe@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

If I had an answer, I’d give it to you. Have you tried viewing the page in another browser?
      (I’m not suggesting you switch browsers, just asking as a trouble-shooting step.)