• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Pretty much every bag of chips I’ve opened has had enough broken chips for me to be annoyed.

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

That’s more about the 20% of my chips being broken due to bags with too little air.

• Quatity_Control@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Do you think more air will protect more chips? Do you not think there is a point where too much air allows the chips to move around too much in transport and thus you get more broken chips? A point of diminishing returns?

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Do you think more air will protect more chips?

Yes

Do you not think there is a point where too much air allows the chips to move around too much in transport and thus you get more broken chips?

No

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                9 months ago

You got a source that more air breaks chips? Cause that’s an absurd claim.

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    9 months ago

I’ve almost certainly studied far more science including physics than you have, so don’t pull that shit on me.

The amount of space you would need for the ships to gain enough speed to break into each other because there is enough air for them to move freely would be pretty damn big. Maybe if family size bags were the size of a large shopping cart your hypothesis might hold water, but chip bags just aren’t big enough for that to be a problem.