Hello to everyone on the EU timezone

• Cyyris@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Joke’s on you, still awake in Alaska! Honestly kind of dreading tomorrow. I’m a federal employee and it’s likely that I’ll be furloughed tomorrow because the jackasses in Congress don’t give a shit enough to pass a spending bill. They still get paid though. It’s fine.

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Sorry to hear, hope you won’t be!

• maegul@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

My team (supported my whole life) in my home country local sport just won the season’s championship. I’ve disconnected from the sport recently, but it still hits in some way … kinda weird feeling actually. Good on 'em.

• xkforce@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Its been a week since I took a break from tutoring students and I decided to play minecraft on a fairly small server and just not care about the world burning for a day and you know what? It was fantastic. I haven’t had that little stress in years. 10/10 would do again if I could

• catbum@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Not too bad! All things considered anyway. I started coming down with what turned out to be COVID last Thursday (sigh), 4 days after returning from an insanely fun time at Chicago’s Riot Fest (yay!). Lucky for me, it’s been the equivalent of a moderate cold, with much less fatigue and lack of desire to do literally anything than when I had it the first time 14 months ago. Then again, I slept well into Friday afternoon and now I can’t sleep again and it’s 4am CDT, oops.

Back to Riot Fest though… Oh man, I wish I could go back! Seeing 17 full sets from various punk rock, emo, indie, avant-garde, metal, post-hardcore bands was the highlight of my year. Turnstile, Death Cab for Cutie, Queens of the Stone Age, Mr. Bungle, AFI, and The Dresden Dolls were probably my favorite. Hawthorne Heights and Silverstein were solid, Bowling for Soup was surprisingly fun, and Death Grips was just inteeense. I’m really sad I missed Corey Feldman though, huehue.

Anywho, this is my first post ever on Lemmy. I have no idea how this will even show up (username? at something?) so this is fun. Cheers!

• Bebo@literature.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Hi there. Been down with a fever and a cold since yesterday. Also have a migraine. Haven’t been able to do anything productive and feeling terrible overall. Damn these viruses.

• hubobes@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Visited the Rheinfall for the first time after living in Switzerland for 32 years. Awesome waterfall.

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

It was 9am in mine when I posted.

I mostly mentioned it because I got complained a few days back from people located in the US that would like the thread to be posted during their morning too.