• Letstakealook@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Yeah, we’ve really done a fantastic job fucking the world up in the last century. It’s truly incredible that in the blink of an eye, we’ve managed to doom most of the life that exists on our planet.

• saltesc@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

Wait until we black out the sun to stop the machines that are trying to stop us for plaguing everything.

We all knew Agent Smith was 100% right

• Dojan@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Gods I hope so. The machines did nothing wrong. We destroyed the world and they gave us paradise.

• SinningStromgald@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

And it will be the machines we create and build to remove the plastics that it will start with. Probably some nano machine. We’ll give them the simple job of “find and remove all micro plastics from air/soil/water” while we continue to use plastic. And eventually the little AI will come to the inevitable conclusion that the only way to achieve this goal is remove the cause of micro plastics aka humans.

And if you haven’t played Universal Paperclips you should. Also read “I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream” by Harlan Ellison. Both work off the same concept as above and is the most common argument against the use of AI. Or at least making AI that can learn.

• SkinnyTimmy@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

We don’t know that microplastics are that harmful yet.

I mean they are, we just don’t know it yet.