I’m doing a slow transition… RIP Apollo

• boysandwich@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Of the apps you’ve tested, which ones do you prefer? I like wefwef because it’s the most Apollo like and Memmy because it’s also Apollo like and the search has some pretty neat features.

• bdonvr@thelemmy.club
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

WefWef is the best so far IMO

Memmy is a close second, but doesn’t feel as much like Apollo as WefWef does

Mlem has the most potential I think but just isn’t quite there yet

• adj16@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

While I definitely have preferred Memmy to Mlem, I think a factor in the release schedule is that Memmy is one dev with a handful of contributors and can release whenever he wants. Mlem is a whole team, likely following some sort of contribution/build/release cycle, so they aren’t as free to release ad-hoc. I think their releases will be less frequent, but more substantial. Memmy hit the ground running, but I think there’s a real chance Mlem jumps well ahead of Memmy in the next month or so.

I’d like to be wrong! Because I like the look/feel of Memmy a lot more. But the next month will be telling.

• dm21@lemm.ee
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve only tried Wefwef so far (as far as Lemmy goes) but it’s basically so good and so familiar feeling that I’m not sure I feel the need to try anything else

• velourium_camper@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think I’m favouring Memmy of the TestFlight apps. Although I like Thunder’s markdown preview. Otherwise wefwef feels like home

• FlippyFlopp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

If I could get that Apollo style subscription list that wefwef has on memmy and fusing a few thing between wefwef and memmy I’d a be happy, sure a few more Apollo features while still making it your own, but happy nonetheless

• LazaroFilm@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

For simple browsing wefwef is nice and fast since it’s really lightweight. Otherwise Memmy has been my go to app.

• LazaroFilm@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yes, the original dev for Mlem jumped ship right when things got real and shut down his TestFlight app. He also kept it secret from everyone and announced that the app would close in 3 days, that’s how the other devs learned it, by opening the app. It’s like texting a breakup. The old app is still valid for a few more days.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Thats cool! Do you prefer them over wefwef? I’m an android user, but am curious. This explosion of clients is quite the spectacle.