• 陆船。@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Why do people take Fukuyama seriously anymore? Didn’t he recant his famous end of history copium recently?

• Ham_Cat@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Are we surprised this old fool is a Nazi sympathizer? He supported the war in Iraq, he was a leading proponent of Neo-Conservatism during the Reagan years, and later tried identifying Leninism with Neo-Conservatism. When we add to this his Christian Fundamentalist upbringing it should be no surprise he’s sucking Azov cock at Stanford.

Given how wrong he was on Bush, the Iraq War, and Reaganomics, it’s laughable anyone would take this man, or his predictions, seriously.

• The_Filthy_Commie@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There is something that few have understood about the brilliance of Francis Fukuyama. You see, when he uttered those famous words: ‘‘the end of history’’, he was actually correct, but not in the way he intended. His proposal was simple: with the fall of the Berlin Wall, and the so-called ‘‘Iron Curtain’’, the ‘‘Cold War’’ was brought to a close, and the ‘‘Western Liberal Democratic’’ model was left standing. Survivor bias kicked in, and Francis thought that now that there were no alternatives to liberal democracy, this was it, boi.

But history refused to cede her chariot, and continued marching on, revealing that ‘‘the end of history’’ was not a declaration of an event, but a warning. The years since laid bare the decadence and stagnation of liberal democracies. This is why I say Francis was right, he was warning us about what happens if we follow this model, and the results speak for themselves.

• JucheBot1988@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

So I don’t support Dugin’s ideas, but it’s weird that libs will tar him as fascist (for positions that he’s either walked back or that are somewhat ambiguous to begin with) and yet be totally fine with this.

• cayde6ml@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Even if not technically accurate, I think Dugin is closer to fascism than anything else, and I don’t take much issue with that description of him. I haven’t seen any examples of him walking back statements.

• comvedml@lemmygrad.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Dugin’s idea is mainly Eurasian integration with religious conservatism , like Muslims will do Islam and Christians will do theirs , he was also supportive of Japanese fascist army then went for being pro China . He was also removed from position (academic) by Putin when he passed genocidal comments against Ukrainians in 2014. I think he is largely an obscure figure in Russia. Westerners think he is some kind of Rasputin who controls Putin or his government . lol

• Anatolianin@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I literally thought that he died a long time ago, until they started talking about him again after the start of SMO lol

• chjzunawd@lemmygrad.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

The assassination of his daughter by car bombing by Ukrainian terrorists was quite high profile.