The question is: is this a good thing?

• UnhappyCamper@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

My understanding is that only kbin can interact with both Lemmy and Mastodon while also showing its own threads/magazines/whatever. Lemmy can only see Lemmy and Mastadon can only see Mastodon.

I’m on kbin and also have access to read and comment on Lemmy posts, though I’m not sure how to access Mastadon as I don’t see them show up when I search for other communities…

Edit: looks like I have to search Microblogs when I want to see Mastadon. Seems kind of confusing though, I don’t think I understand how Mastodon works.

• AdventureSpoon@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I don’t think I understand how Mastodon works.

this neatly summarized my entire current fediverse knowledge base. Like, I feel really close to grasping its full potential, but fall just short of understanding the basics.

• thegiddystitcher@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Currently Mastodon users can follow and post to Lemmy communities.

On their end both posts and new comments look like regular Mastodon boosts and from our end their posts and comments look like regular Lemmy posts and comments with extra @ tags in them. So you’ll see those on WefWef and interact with them normally.

Kbin magazines have a way to also view Mastodon posts relating to the magazine topic, but Lemmy communities do not.