Hello!!! I appear to be community banned by mistake. Could someone share the secret to contacting a mod?

Many thanks!!!

• fruitleatherpostcard@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Damn dude, you’ll never make Reddit-type mod if you keep up with all this reasonable communication and “un-banning” stuff.

Where’s all the brutality and lack of GAF about talking to people?

Oh wait…

That’s why we’re on Lemmy, not Reddit.

Keep up the good work.

I tried to make a community but couldn’t even get the little avatar logos to upload. Can’t imagine how I’d get on with moderation if there’s no instructions.

• fruitleatherpostcard@lemm.eeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Thank you for that info. Like I said. I’ve never had any interaction with the community except maybe upvoting posts.

I wonder if they are banning me for some perceived slight in another community.

Very ‘Reddit’ behaviour.

• loopy@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

I’m sorry I didn’t list a reason for the ban. It was your comment that “I had married someone who stayed hot and wasn’t a dominating bitch.” It didn’t seem appropriate for the community that has a pinned message about keeping the jokes appropriate enough for a kid.

It had nothing to do with any interaction on a different community. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

• loopy@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                9 months ago

Alright thanks for that. Sorry I did a ban without warning. Still figuring out the whole modding thing. I think I’ll need to get back to a desktop to see the unban option.

edit: Alright it shows on my end that you are now unbanned. Remember not to iron any four-leafed clovers (don’t press your luck!). Happy dad-ing out there.