link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Honestly it’s more like

Oh boy, a well-defined task with a beginning, progress, an end, and an obvious benefit to someone! I get to be valuable!

versus

I have several days’ worth of clean clothes, there is no need to rush

• SkyeStarfall@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Yeah, tbh, I tend to not do a lot of my chores because… I don’t feel the need to. Why clean when I’m ok with the current level of dirtyness? Why wash when I still got clean stuff that I want to wear? Etc.

• dependencyInjection@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Exactly this, for me at least.

I was a failure relative to my peers in my late thirties, got diagnosed with ADHD and it’s insane.

So before I always wanted to be a software developer but I couldn’t finish shit, and just procrastinated and kept learning but never progressing.

Afterwards, I am now a software developer and working from a massive spec sheet has kept me engaged the whole time. I still suck at planning but give me a plan and I’ll knock it put the park.

What remains to be seen is if I still have the same vigour, 1 year, 2 years in etc.

• Laticauda@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

For me personally, even if I don’t have days of clean clothes and NEED to do laundry like right now, it’s still way harder to do something for myself than it is to do it for someone else.