• PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

The Israelis have the power to end the political and economic conditions (which they created and maintain) which lead to violence

The Palestinians do not

If you’re saddened or angered by the deaths of Israeli civilians, you can take those complaints straight to the Israeli government. Any handwringing about violence committed by the Palestinians is de facto support for the illegal occupation of Palestinian land and the apartheid state of Israel.

• LeninWeave [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

This thread is an embarrassment, I can’t believe there are people on Hexbear handwringing about violence against settler civilians. Did Native Americans never kill colonizer civilians? Are we going to start condemning the Haitian revolutionaries?

Israelis are constantly pretending they live in fear of being killed by Palestinian “terrorists”. Have they considered fucking leaving, which is an option the Palestinians don’t even have? No Israeli children would be in a position to be killed in the fighting or held hostage if their colonizer parents hadn’t put them there. These children are victims, but they’re victims of their colonizer parents and colonizer politicians.

You want to talk about children being held hostage to ensure compliance from adults? How many Palestinian children are there in the open air prison of Gaza, where 2/3 of the population are under 25 years old?

• Ho_Chi_Chungus [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I have nothing but unwavering support for the Palestinian people, but watching this is like watching John Brown pick up the sword and march on Harpers Ferry. Nothing but the noblest motive but I can’t imagine this ending remotely well. May God be with all Palestinians today, they’ll need him

• Bakzik [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Lot’s of “comrades” in here are full of first world brainworms.

Let’s pretend that the Vietnam war or Cuba’s revolution were happening today. If we follow their arguments, they would totally oppose the expresions of resistance and anticolonialism because “people are going to die, so we just need to stop the use of violence”.

Like Mandaela once said: “We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians.”

So no need to keep the “whataboutism” going. At the end of the day, is just a defense to keep the status quo and, by extension, the Israelí apartheid state…

fidel-sarcastic

• CthulhusIntern [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Liberals talking about Hamas: They are all Islamic extremists, it doesn’t matter how much Palestinians think they need their help.

Liberals talking about Ukrainian nazis: But they’re being attacked! They need all the help they can get!

• Cromalin [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

god i feel sick. 198 palestinians reported dead already, compared to 40 israelis killed in the initial attack. this is only going to get worse, and ghouls on twitter are naturally saying they want to bomb gaza back into the stone age

• BeamBrain [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Journalist: M. Ben M’Hidi, don’t you think it’s a bit cowardly to use women’s baskets and handbags to carry explosive devices that kill so many innocent people?

Ben M’Hidi: And doesn’t it seem to you even more cowardly to drop napalm bombs on defenseless villages, so that there are a thousand times more innocent victims? Of course, if we had your airplanes it would be a lot easier for us. Give us your bombers, and you can have our baskets.

-The Battle of Algiers

• sandinista209 [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

The gaslighting is and will be insane. Americans really think that things like this happen for no reason and that Israel is the innocent victim. Sickening.

• joaomarrom [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I’m very afraid of what comes next for the Palestinian people, but regardless of what happens next, Israel has been dealt a fucking incredible blow to its international reputation. This is a country whose main export is highly sophisticated systems of oppression. If you have a nagging problem with some pesky minority, Israel is your “consultant” of choice.

Now here we are, watching as some of the most violently oppressed, downtrodden people in the entire world do deftly orchestrated commando raids on lawnmower engine powered paragliders, surprising literally the entire world. They have been training to do this under Israel’s watch for god knows how long, and the IDF was none the wiser. How did they pull this off?

How can you still claim to develop the most sophisticated surveillance systems and to have the best-trained military in the world, when shit like this happens? How do you even recover from this? This is unprecedented, a paradigm shift, we’re watching history in the making here.

Absolutely uncritical support for the heroic Palestinian efforts.

• SorosFootSoldier [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Liberals when Ukraine is flying swastikas: I SLEEP

Liberals when Palestinians have not only a moral but legally justified under international law war to defend themselves and push out colonizers: REAL SHIT ?

• SpiderFarmer [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

It’s infuriating how the attacks on the mosques and random missiles fired into Gaza from just a month ago are conveniently forgotten. Attention spans are even shorter than usual when when fascists on thr internet are calling for genocide. I’m all keyed up, but all I can think to do in the US rn is to desecrate some flags.