• unknown_name@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve registered on at least two, maybe three instances because I could never move from one to the other. I think i may have it working now.

• Darkm0d@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Holy shit im in this boat. My mobile experience has been rough. No idea what I did or if any of it was right. Jerboa, Readtthat, logins, confusion. I’m getting the hang of it on PC and on Lemmy.world. But, fuck ig I know if Lemmy.world’s “all” is the true all?

• Barbarian@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

But, fuck ig I know if Lemmy.world’s “all” is the true all?

There is no true “All”. Every instance pulls in content from communities that at least one user on that instance has subscribed to.

You can use the Lemmy Explorer to go find communities that nobody on your instance has found yet.

• Zoot@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Do you use a regular browser or app for lemmy? It took me a day or two, but its finally all starting to make sense within my Connect for Lemmy app.

• Darkm0d@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Browser atm. Jerboa and onenother app I haven’t gotten used to yet.

So far in just assuming lemmy.world is like, a main hub. So I made an account there, and now like, I haven’t fully figured out like, I see subs and communities. But I don’t fully understand how they are tied to just my lemmy.world instance.

Way over my head 😂

• jininjin@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Same I have no clue. I signed up to Lemmy world and can’t find any subs that are bigger than 30 people… Hoping they sort the growing issues.

• Zoot@reddthat.com
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I jumped onto Reddthat, no reason why, but it seems enough people have subscribed to other instances that its given me a good feed. Beehaw iununfederated, but I still use c/technology (tbh, I still dont know how communities work…, beehaw has technology, and many others do as well)

But atleast on Connect for Lemmy I’ve been taking a look at the trending communities and tapping subscribe. Sometimes it works, othertimes I reload the app and try again and itll show up.

Thanks to that it’s starting to feel full, I’ve got memes, showerthoughts, tech stuff, piracy, all the goodies. Now if someone could just show me the door to the not so safe for work stuff I’d be set…