Disney’s Loki faces backlash over reported use of generative AI / A Loki season 2 poster has been linked to a stock image on Shutterstock that seemingly breaks the platform’s licensing rules regard…::A promotional poster for the second season of Loki on Disney Plus has sparked controversy amongst professional designers following claims that it was created using generative AI.

• dangblingus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Quick everyone! Let’s rush to defend Disney based on a technicality, even though they’ve been creatively bankrupt for years and no one watches MCU shows.

• barsoap@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Loki is a legitimately good show, and I say that as someone tired of MCU stuff and not the least nostalgic about American comics in the first place (I grew up on Asterix, Tintin, the like).

• jacktherippah@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

I’d even go so far as to say it’s my favorite MCU show. I remember liking season 1 alot so I had high expectations for season 2. And I think they exceeded my expectations. Ke Huy Quan was delightful as OB and Tom Hiddleston & Owen Wilson had so much chemistry. Can’t wait for the next episodes.

• ante@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

You can still think Disney is a shitty company while acknowledging that this is a stupid article/headline. They’re not mutually exclusive.

• Echo Dot@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

And let’s automatically assign blame with no evidence at all, based on the fact that you don’t like the company.

• BluesF@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

The MCU shows (not you, Secret Invasion) have been the best thing they’ve put out over the past few years. I am speaking as an MCU addict… can’t really call myself a fan since the films mostly suck these days but I’ll still watch em… yo ho ho