I’ve been trying to find edibles that will keep me up and creative. I’ve been focusing on sativa strains. I am pretty new to weed and would love some recommendations from the more experienced users.

Highest dose I’ve taken is 100mg on two or three occasions, ended up decently high for a few hours, then fell asleep. I don’t think it is a tolerance thing b/c I only partake twice a week.

Edit: The advice is appreciated, but more so looking to see if there are any popular brands established. Thanks for the help!

• kambusha@feddit.ch
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Isn’t 100mg a really high dosage? If you just want creativity, I would suggest much lower dosages. There’s some 5mg honey candies you can buy, so you could try taking one an hour and noting down how you feel about an hour later. If you forget time, how many you had, or what you were supposed to note down, you’ve probably taken too many :).

For me, between 5-10mg gives me a nice little background buzz but doesn’t make me lazy. For higher dosages, unless I’m already doing something active (hiking, coding, out with friends etc), I usually don’t have much motivation other than to melt.

Edit: Etain forte lozenges are the honey candies I was thinking of.

• SoupBrick@yiffit.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

100 is pretty high, most of the time I’ll go with 30-60. It was mostly to say I have tried to get a better high with more.

• CmdrShepard@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Personally I think the effects of different strains are little more than minimal to a complete placebo (similar to someone claiming Budweiser gives them a different intoxication than Heineken).

I’d suggest maybe trying a vape pen or flower. Edibles, without fail, give me a big body high, relax me, and make me sleepy. Vaping typically wakes me up for a while.

You could also keep using edibles and just chug a coffee when you start to feel tired.

• LegionEris [she/her]@feddit.nlM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Personally I think the effects of different strains are little more than minimal to a complete placebo

So this is a complicated subject. On the one hand, I could pick you out two specific flowers from a dispensary that would be undeniably different in effects. On the other hand, I could find two poorly grown versions of the same “strains” that are so low on terps and minor cannabinoids that the difference would be negligible. Unique combinations of terpenes and cannibinoids definitely produce unique effects, but lots of cheap weed is so low in everything but THC that few people could tell them apart in effect.

• Xanthrax@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Sounds like a tolerance issue but the opposite of what you’re thinking. You’re taking too much, and you don’t have a tolerance.

I think the other advice is good; just lower the dosage.

You may also want to try shrooms or MDMA (if you’re in a safe place).

• Rhynoplaz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Just want to chime in on shrooms. Yes, if you take enough you WILL go on a wild ride, but 1-2g will just make you feel REAL warm and fuzzy and ready to laugh (without hallucinations) for a few hours.

• SoupBrick@yiffit.netOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

No idea where to get them in Minecraft and I don’t want to have the potential of getting attacked by angry Pigmen. Also don’t want to get a virus from trying to get a Seed online. Would love to, but don’t want to bother with the acquisition hassle.

• LegionEris [she/her]@feddit.nlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

You should try something with CBG. If you have Grön where you are, they have some good CBG options. I haven’t used it for creative purposes, but CBG certainly keeps me up and alert and bright at work.