Hey y’all, my OnePlus 8 pro is donezo, ling story short it got major damage that I just didn’t even see happen but it was on its way out regardless. Now the reason I got a OnePlus is because when I first got them, they were the pinnacle of “moddable phones” any root or rom you could think of it was basically built to be rooted. Now though from what I hear the company has decided to go in a different direction, real shame. So now that I’m back in the market for a new phone ow as wondering if y’all had any suggestions. What’s the most open source droid out there nowadays?

• Monologue@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

with pixel phones you can degoogle using grapheneOS, calyxOS or lineageOS also their bootloader is lockable after you are done with it

ironically best phones to degoogle are google phones

• idle@158436977.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

So it’s been quite awhile since I installed a custom os. Does the carrier still matter? I feel like it did 10 years ago. I’m on a not very common carrier.

• Monologue@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

i am not in the US so take what i have to say with a grain of salt but if your phone is unlocked i don’t see any problem