The only justification for not doing this is protectionism. Starmer is placing party above country. We can see how damaging the Tories are. I do not want to see their likes again.

• Syldon@feddit.ukOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Polling suggests a victory on par with 97. GE will always differ from midterm polling, but it does not look like a coalition.

• Bernie Ecclestoned@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Polling today, which is why Sunak isn’t calling a snap election. I’d bet the polls will close up over the next 12 months.

Toeies are hoping inflation is back to 2% so they can juice the economy before then.

• Syldon@feddit.ukOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

I’d bet the polls will close up over the next 12 months.

This is cuckoo land politics Covid inquiry, tighter EU rules which will hamper any inflation drop, higher energy costs look like they are returning, they have just told all schools that they messed up the figures on school budgets and schools will get substantially less than predicted. There is in fighting within the party, which would make running government after the next budget very difficult. This is not including the way Labour will attack Sunak when the public realise all these new transport links are lined up with the Freeports, which is another way of funding his mates.

Polling is only ever going to get worse because of the continuous line of events that are stacking up against Sunak. Sunak doesn’t care. He is chasing that last pay out with the India deal.