This has been going on for over a year now. About a month after I delete items to free up space, my account will be full again with the items I deleted before. Or I will update a contact and a phone number that they no longer have will be returned to their info. What am I missing?

I mean, I know the ultimate solution is to fully detach from Google. But while I’m trying to back my stuff up and make the transition easier, any help?

• Tomatoes [they/them]@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Does this mean I do the deleting, then clear my cache, then log out and in, then turn sync off and on? Do I have to do this across multiple devices? Like, I’ve never found a method to log out of Google entirely on my phone, so I could do the whole process on my computer, but I may still have a phone cache?

• Jourei@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I wonder if you could ask google about it, citing GDPR which requires them to actually wipe the ones and zeros.

• sibloure@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I’ve had this happen with iCloud. Deleted stuff from the server and then it keeps coming back. There was a problem device not getting the memo to delete and kept re-uploading the data. I had to sign out of my iCloud account and sign back in my devices to fix it.