Charles and Kathleen Moore are about to have their day in the Supreme Court over a $15,000 tax bill they contend is unconstitutional.

The couple from Redmond, Washington, claim they had to pay the money because of their investment in an Indian company from which, as Charles Moore, 62, said in a sworn statement, they “have never received a distribution, dividend, or other payment.”

But significant parts of the story they have told to reach this point seem at odds with public records.

The Moores are the public face of a high court case backed by business and conservative political interests that could call into question other parts of the U.S. tax code and rule out a much-discussed but never-enacted tax on wealth. The case is set for arguments on Dec. 5.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Idk, they have these fascist pigs with retired military gear everywhere. Their enforcement system is already in place.

• NoIWontPickaName@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

See the way you solve that is you arm yourself as well. We may not be able to beat them if it comes to that, but we can damn sure make them bleed for it.

• BaroqueInMind@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

I still think the stupidest thing democrats imposed on ourselves is by telling everyone to vote on restricting gun ownership.

Meanwhile rural Republicans can buy and arm up way cheaper with higher quality guns than anything the democrats can get from their city gun shop selling “featurless” bullshit non-ergonomic trash firearms that legitimately make it more dangerous to use over the scary black guns.

That, and the rural Republicans never stopped training use of their firearms. If you own a firearm but never train with them, you might as well give them your fucking gun anyways, bend over and let them strip you of your basic rights.

You will never make them bleed if your silly ass doesn’t train regularly and frequently.

• Mouselemming@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

From what I’ve seen, the playing around with guns the rural Republicans do isn’t really training. Given time they’ll all shoot each other. Or themselves.

• BaroqueInMind@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            9 months ago

Sounds like you’re the most typical ignorant Democrat/left-leaning voter that the Republicans consistently make fun of; training with guns is a simple as renting a lane and a firearm at your local shooting range and doing that more than once a month (unlike the fat racist cops who will most likely fuck you and only train once a year).

You don’t need to go full Gravy-Seals or join a militia to train you silly fuck.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

I am armed just fine, but you’re nuts if you think anything we can buy legally in the states would leave much of a dent in military grade people movers and armored craft.

I live in a small town of 50-60k people and the small village police department near me has an APC. The kind designed to be able to survive IEDs and small caliber rounds.

• DragonTypeWyvern@literature.cafe
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 months ago

You’re not wrong. You might even be optimistic.

It’s not like they’d really care if the targeting algorithms occasionally decide all baby strollers are IEDs.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            9 months ago

Who thinks that?

The fatshit driving the apc is probably wearing his own armor and likely has a higher caliber rifle than I do. Hopeless? No. Am I stupid enough to say I wouldn’t be afraid? Also no.

• DragonTypeWyvern@literature.cafe
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              9 months ago

Bro, most “military grade” body armor won’t protect you from a deer rifle, and the specific configurations of AR-15 owned by the government and called M16/M4/Whatever use glorified .223.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                9 months ago

That totally solves my issue of having 0 armor and small caliber hunting arms.

I’m not a tacticool fool, and I’m also not delusional.

• NoIWontPickaName@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Molotov cocktails are the key to all armored vehicles.

If you burn all the oxygen in the air outside then there is none to breathe when it gets inside, plus metal box covered in Flames is pretty much just an oven