• SamsonSeinfelder@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

What if you have an uneven number of belts because you take one or put one away? It would be very instable and would tilt without the same weight front and back.

• Noite_Etion@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

That’s my thoughts too.

This is just a suggestion, not a knock or anything against the poster. But a solution I think could work is to rotate the hook 90 degrees and have 2 of them, one at each end. Then it would remain flat and balanced no matter where the belts are on the rack.

Not a perfect solution, you wont see or have access to the belts at the back and the mount takes up more space on the rail. But at least you aren’t playing a balancing game each time you take a belt.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I think I’d hang the hook off the end, so that the belts are stored in a vertical tree (slightly sloped, so that they don’t fall over each other.) But that’s an entirely new redesign for something that only really matters if you care about it.

• thenewred@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

There’s a little bit of movement but it’s not too annoying. When loaded up with belts, taking one off doesn’t make a big difference.

• Meeech@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Buy a decoy belt that only gets used when you’re wearing one of the real belts. The decoy belt can get a wall mounted hook so it’s out of the way when no belts are being warn.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

My personal solution was to not own any. But I have thought about it. Maybe a slot on both ends of the body to slide the knob of the buckle into. That would allow for two belts pretty easily.

• Uninvited Guest@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Common? Not sure. They’re available at standard shops. I have had one for 20 years that I picked up in highschool from American Eagle for $34.50. Why is that etched in my brain? I was specifically looking for one at the time.

I prefer the look (as long as it’s simple) and function.

• Waraugh@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I bought a tie hanger with hooks. It lets me hang up my four belts and ~10 ties (that I’ve never worn again since the rona). I’m usually in sweat pants and hardly use my belts anymore now that I think about it. Anyway, I really like it. Think this would have more Utility and use less material with just hooks.

Mine looks like this one

• TheTetrapod@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Buy an ender 3 if you’re cheap and have plenty of tinker time. Buy something by Bambu if you have cash and want ease of use.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Try to go with something popular so you can find help when things inevitably go wrong. Expect to learn a lot when building. If you like that, awesome, do it. Otherwise you may want to consider a prebuilt prusa or bambu.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Ender, prusa, bambu are names that have popularity, longevity, and reputation.

You can find a ton of recommendations and best printer lists with a quick search. You would probably be fine with most printers on those lists if you wanted to save some money, but the above three are solid and give you a good budget range already.

• grayman@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

How much money do you want to put into a setup? With $1000, you an get any of the really good printers, a different size nozzle, a few little tools, and plenty of filament.

• AdamHenry
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I have one that I absolutely despise. It has only one job and it tosses my belts to the floor…on purpose.