• SamsonSeinfelder@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

What if you have an uneven number of belts because you take one or put one away? It would be very instable and would tilt without the same weight front and back.

• Noite_Etion@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

That’s my thoughts too.

This is just a suggestion, not a knock or anything against the poster. But a solution I think could work is to rotate the hook 90 degrees and have 2 of them, one at each end. Then it would remain flat and balanced no matter where the belts are on the rack.

Not a perfect solution, you wont see or have access to the belts at the back and the mount takes up more space on the rail. But at least you aren’t playing a balancing game each time you take a belt.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I think I’d hang the hook off the end, so that the belts are stored in a vertical tree (slightly sloped, so that they don’t fall over each other.) But that’s an entirely new redesign for something that only really matters if you care about it.

• thenewred@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

There’s a little bit of movement but it’s not too annoying. When loaded up with belts, taking one off doesn’t make a big difference.

• Meeech@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Buy a decoy belt that only gets used when you’re wearing one of the real belts. The decoy belt can get a wall mounted hook so it’s out of the way when no belts are being warn.