• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

In my experience, the younger you are, the more likely you are to find phone calls to be irritating at best. People in their 20s and under almost always would prefer you to text them than call them. And I’m in my 40s and I agree. I’ve never liked the phone. I didn’t like it when it was all landlines and I don’t like it now. Texting was a godsend.

• Final Remix@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

Actually landlines was better… hear me out.

“Fuck you, I’m not at the house.” ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wham bam thank you ma’am, you can’t contact me unless it’s on my terms.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

Yeah and there are also times when texting makes the situation a lot more annoying but a 2 minute phone call does the opposite.

I honestly can’t think of one. I’d rather spend five minutes writing a text than two minutes on the phone. That’s two minutes I have to talk to someone without looking at them.

• HeyThisIsntTheYMCA@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Occasionally we have to set up events and doing a conference call is a hell of a lot less annoying than doing a group chat. Anyone who doesn’t want to be part of the planning can just opt out of the call rather than have their phone bing a million times in five minutes.

• Psaldorn@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Instead of telling me what to do, why don’t you explain your position?

Telling someone “no” is rude without supporting thoughts, which makes me think you aren’t a good authority on rudeness.

• SwedishFool@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Well my opinion is that there is no reason for a company to call me unless it’s actually urgent and in my own best interest, at that point it is perfectly fine to call.

Some companies call regardless of the reasons with no care at all about the customer/client/potential customer, all just to make sure to force a response. Just send the damn message instead of disturbing me at work, and If I have any sort interest, opinion, or care what so ever, then I’ll get in touch at my own discretion.

Having customers isn’t a “right” for companies, but they do seem to believe so.