• fjordbasa@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I want to be mildly infuriated, too, but I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to convey

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

It looks like it was at some point in its journey very close to OP, but then was routed several states over before being routed back toward OP.

• billm@lemmy.oursphere.space
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I imagine the red line indicates the expected destination and the blue line was soooo close until it got confused and took a stroll over to Columbus.

I’ve seen some bad ones lately too. Had a package go from Texas to Florida, to Chicago, to the northeast somewhere and finally back to Florida for delivery. And a few where clearly something has glitched in the tracking system, leaving locations before they arrived at them, being picked up from one place but shipped from the other side of the country, etc.

• flying_monkies@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

It went from Columbus to Georgia, think the redline is to show the level of stupid. Shipping history, since he was kind enough to provide the USPS tracking number in his screenshot:

• yokonzo@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I wouldn’t know, all I know is it was scheduled to arrive the 16th, came to the distribution center 10 minutes from my house, then went halfway across the country

• entropicdrift@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

I think the play button is where it started and the logo of a mail truck is where it is right now (down in North Carolina, I think).

The thing is, it went straight from Columbus to a distribution center in the suburbs of Chicago, right near OP’s house before deciding to take a gap year and see half the dang continent

• pleasejustdie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I had a package that went from Arizona to Tennessee back to Arizona to refund me on Amazon for the package being undeliverable after a week… I live 30 minutes from the warehouse it was shipped from in Arizona. I was able to re-order it after the refund and got the package in my hands 3 hours later.

• Treczoks@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Reminds me of my packets from California. 15 mins drive from the sender to the DHL center (15 mins in the center of LA, so they are really close). Two weeks wait in the DHL center. Transfer to the airport. Another two weeks wait at the airport. Flight to Frankfurt, one day at customs, next day here. Each and every month (it is a subscription service).

• stevar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I had a package come from Japan to Cincinnati, Ohio, then to my city. Two days later it goes to Singapore. It comes back to the US but via Los Angeles this time. Then to Cincinnati and finally my city. I contacted DHL customer service, they tell me the shipper shouldnt provide me with false hope of an earlier delivery. But they never did, I was going off DHL’s website and their estimated delivery date. Customer service then ended the chat before I could respond… I try not to use them.

• athos77@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I had a package like that a couple years ago during the winter holidays. It was ordered a couple days before Thanksgiving but got caught up in Black Friday / Cyber Monday - and, of course, there was the pandemic. My package spent several days heading toward the East Coast, then Chicago, then Pittsburgh, then Indianapolis, then Philly, then Denver for some reason, St Louis, Pittsburgh, New York, Virginia, then finally to me.

Supposedly at the time (DeJoy was fucking around with the Post Office, not sure if this is still true), they’d been running metrics on the various transfer centers and if your center had a certain percentage of packages not moving for a certain amount of time, they’d target that center for “improvements”, not accepting that (1) it was the holidays so parcels were up, (2) it was the pandemic so workers were sick and dying, and (3) it was the pandemic so massive amounts of people were ordering online. [Remember this?]

Anyway, in order to avoid being targeted by DeJoy’s “improvements”, some stations were reportedly taking delayed packages that were about to impact their metrics and shipping then out of station wherever they had room on a truck (though they’d at least try to send it in the right direction, that wasn’t anyways possible).

Also, a reminder that fucker DeJoy is still the postmaster, and a staunch Republican. I fully expect him to pull more bullshit moves for next year’s elections.

• Possibly linux@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

That’s actually pretty common. A package needs to go though a processing hub before it goes to its destination

• ramenshaman@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

If you fly from San Francisco to Memphis on Delta Airlines, you’ll fly directly over Memphis to Atlanta for a layover and then take an hour long flight back to Memphis.