WASHINGTON—Upon returning from his brief diplomatic trip to the Middle East, President Joe Biden urged the nation Thursday not to let dangerous online rhetoric humanize Palestinians.

• gkd@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

It’s crazy that some of these articles don’t even seem too satirical at first glance. Loving it.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

I didn’t see any information on US support for a Palestinian state until today and it was merely another commentor mentioning it. I’d be ecstatic if the Biden Administration has such a nuanced take.

• Aceticon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

We actually had a UN Relief expert (who was actually live from Somalia were he is participating on a UN mission) on TV over here (here not being the US) last night and he pointed out that 20 trucks is far from sufficient help and described this humanitarian “help” as “marketing”.

From other sources I read that in the current situation 100 truck per day are needed, so yeah, that Bidden-negotiated “help” of enough supplies to last 5h once is pure political propaganda and total bullshit.

• paddirn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

At press time, Biden added that Americans should also avoid dangerous propaganda that wrongly asserts the billions of dollars in military aid the United States has sent to Israel could be spent on things like healthcare, education, or alleviating poverty at home.

Hogwash, who would believe propaganda like that?

• mibo80@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I certainly don’t! My favorite right-leaning talking heads and Republican congressional representatives have consistently reassured me that we are already spending TOO much on those things already. Also, that this is all because of the Democrats.

• Empricorn@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Me too! I can’t afford my prescriptions this month anyway, so I sent the money to Donald Trump, so that he’ll continue to fight the Evil Librals!!!

• JCreazy@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

For a moment, I thought, just maybe this could be true then was clad that it wasn’t. Biden isn’t that great but I hope he’s not that terrible.

• BlinkerFluid@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Humanize is a harsh word for describing what not to do to any group of people.

They are people, I mean…