Update: requested !movies@lemm.ee :

Hello everyone,

For people interested in movies, you may have noticed that !moviesandtv@lemmy.film is now gone, unfortunately.

The community was quite active, especially with the movies discussion threads, it would be nice to create a new one elsewhere.

As Lemmyworld and lemmy.ml already have most of the active communities, I thought it would be interesting to have this one (maybe two, one for movies, one for TV) on lemm.ee ? In a similar way that !games@sh.itjust.works is a popular community on sh.itjust.works (thanks @nanoUFO@sh.itjust.works for posting there)

What do you think?

Tagging the active contributors to the previous community @realcaseyrollins@narwhal.city @ClarkZuckerberg@lemmy.world @simple@lemm.ee @ZeroCool@feddit.ch

• ZeroCool@feddit.ch
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Oh damn, did lemmy.film shut down? That’s a major bummer. I really liked the Movies and TV community.

As Lemmyworld and lemmy.ml already have most of the active communities, I thought it would be interesting to have this one (maybe two, one for movies, one for TV) on lemm.ee ?

That’s exactly why I chose to post articles in moviesandtv@lemmy.film over the movies/tv communities on lemmy.world. I try to support communities in smaller instances by posting relevant content but I guess this is just an inherent risk of lemmy.

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Would you like to become a mod with me? I don’t expect that much work, movies are usually not a very controversial topic

• BlazeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

Great!

Yes, Jerry is doing a great job with his services. The only issue I see is that with the “infosec” in the name, the domain might be blocked by company firewalls as they would tag it under “hacking”. I know they run a mbin instance, Fedia.io, but I would rather go with Lemmy as Kbin/Lemmy compatibility can be finicky.

What do you think?

• ZeroCool@feddit.ch
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

I hadn’t considered that but if you think that’s a realistic possibility then I wouldn’t have an issue resettling on lemm.ee. Either option would be fine. I mostly suggested .pub because I know the infosec family of instances are well run and dependable.

• BlazeOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              8 months ago

I’m pretty sure I had that issue at some point when I wanted to check a community on infosec.pub and then got that kind of block.

Alright, I just noticed the community already exists, here it is !movies@lemm.ee.

I requested it in !meta@lemm.ee