• testman@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

this repo has been stale for years now
    and despite Lee still being active in GitHub circles, he ignores the issue and refuses to invite other maintainers or even change ownership of the repo to someone else or some group of maintainers.

• testman@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

people already did, many times
        and then the original repo’s issue tracker is full of issue where people say that they have made a fork
        and no consesus on which of these forks is to be blessed a go-to successor
        so currently we have an outdated repo and a lot of fragmentation among successors.

• BrikoX@vlemmy.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Story of open source. Everyone needs to create their own version if even one thing is not to their liking. 🤣

• itchychips@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

This is then probably better as a wiki, but I do understand why people choose github repositories for the curated nature of them.

• hyperreal@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Thanks for pointing this out, I had no idea. If someone wants to point me towards an active/popular fork of this repo, I’m happy to add that to this post.

• testman@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Apparently Lee is organising GitHub Game-Off 2023, so that might be a place where you will be able to get some of his attention.
            Go look into repo’s issue tracker and find all the posts where people say that they made a fork, or are in other ways interested in getting the repo more up to date. Then message them all, organise them together. Maybe even set up a Github Organisation (fancy name for a “group of users”), and when you have everything set in place, bother Lee until he transfers repo ownership to that organisation.

• hyperreal@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thank you! I’ll add these to the original post (and hopefully this comment is upvoted to the top)