I’m in the market for a new laptop. Preferably under $2000 and have good specs. 16 GB ram minimum and 500 GB SSD minimum. What recommendations does Lemmy have? If more details are needed please specify what and I’ll answer

EDIT: thank you everyone for the answers 🙂 I do not need anymore suggestions

• 10_0@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

If your a Apple ecosystem user then a macbook, a framework If your a windows user, or a system76 Laptop for linux. Macbooks are good for the ecosystem, if you can afford the 500gb version than good for you.
    Frameworks are good if you want to upgrade to a 1tb or a better laptop CPU GPU screen ect in the future if you can follow upgrade instructions.
    System76 laptops are affordable and come with Linux rather than windows without half the function keys not working. (And has better integration as it runs pop-os system76s Linux distro)
    With a 2k budget you basicly can buy anything and maybe be specific based on OS preference, brand preference, and what your gonna use the laptop for. (E.g my laptop is >200£ is only used for web browsing and word processing therefore its a Linux machine with low end specs from lenovo)