• spitz@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’ve been keeping too close an eye on the various wars happening at the moment, and it’s bringing me down. I think it’s important to understand what’s happening, why it’s happening etc, but there’s a limit to how much you can take in and stay sane. I’ve been trying to find other things to focus on, but it’s hard to say “oh all these dead children are upsetting me, I’ll just not allow it to bother me while I live my life of relative privilege”. Having said that, my problem is a lot better than those of Gazans at the moment. But does that mean I can’t get worn out and depressed from following these events? It’s just horrible for everyone, no matter how you dice it.

• xkforce@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

If current events didnt wear you down emotionally, there’d be something wrong. What is going on in Gaza is horrifying and anyone with empathy would be disturbed and depressed by it. Being emotionally exhausted by it doesn’t mean you are priviliged, it means you’re human.

• SbisasCostlyTurnover@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

My children woke up and chose violence today, which means by 9:00am I’m officially over the weekend and can’t wait for tomorrow to arrive. Hello School.

• Thelsim@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

My Sunday is mostly uneventful. Our daughter has a friend over to play and suffered a major meltdown over who gets to play with which toy. Took a good half hour for me to calm things down, but after that they were fast friends again.
    It always amazes me how quickly kids can drop a fight and continue on as if nothing has happened.

• Stamets@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’m gonna be real, it’s been a really awful couple days due to three things. My cat got sick and I had to rush her to the vet. Turns out she’s perfectly fine but my wallet isn’t and likely won’t be for a while. That leads to the second thing. A friend owed me $50 and said he’d pay me back this month or next. I asked if he could send back $20 in the next few days and he blocked me. So that’s fun. Having to budget everything all over again while marking that off completely. Now that’s not too bad but things got topped off with the third thing. While dealing with all this, I got a phone call. A friend who had been sick for a while passed away. There’s been a lot of Baldurs Gate 3 during the past 24 hours with me just going full murderhobo out of frustration.

• jet@hackertalks.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

That’s rough. On the bright side it only cost you $50 to find out somebody in your life is a terrible human being and you don’t need to invest in them anymore

• jet@hackertalks.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Sleeping a lot lately. Like 12 hours a day. Might be the CBD oil I’m trying out. Waiting for it to rain, which the weather forecast promises me, before going swimming.

Lazy Sunday, no big plans

• frozenmolar@feddit.ukB
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Had a very good sleep. Right now I am a bit nervous about something at work, but I have to believe in myself, and not to let those who believe in me down.

Planning to go to bookstore. Let’s see if I still have time and energy after buying groceries.

• xkforce@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

I had been switched to twice the normal blood pressure med dose (low dose to begin with) and was told to take two a day of the old bottle until the larger dose bottle was ordered and realized I was still doing that with the new dose pills… luckily nothing happened (I felt weird but didnt pass out or anything) but still.

• jet@hackertalks.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Glad you didn’t pass out!

Feel free to ignore me, but I had high blood pressure before, I found doing a keto diet for 3 months resolved it after 3 months. Many blood pressure issues are related to metabolic syndrome, i.e. insulin insensitivity, and a low carbohydrate diet helps the body become more sensitive again and correct blood pressure.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/blood-pressure (This site cites sources (the little circles) and medical references)

Just wanted to share since it really helped me, and I wish I knew about it sooner. I went from 155 back to normal 110ish systolic.