New Lemmy user here. I have two points of improvement I’d like to note, but am not sure where the actual ‘responsibility’ lies.

1. It would be great to be able to mass-block communities from lists, rather than tiresomely do them one -at-a-time from ‘All’.

It would also be useful to see the list for subscribing, as I don’t know what’s out there until I see it. Sometimes I can’t think of something to search for until I see it.

Perhaps this lies more with individual apps/ clients rather than the Lemmy ecosystem…?

1. May I suggest that communities entirely consisting of bots re-posting Reddit links is, uh, unhelpful?

Anyone?

(BTW I’m sorry that I posted this also a reply to an earlier post. I cannot figure out how to delete it.)

• Monkey With A Shell@lemmy.socdojo.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

On the 1-1 part, ‘all’ is an aggregate of anything subscribed by someone on your instance, but hiding them from your feed en’masse should be doable from either a client or web frontend. Maybe check a few different ones and see if any have that feature.

1-2 is more difficult since there isn’t a central list of all communities on all instances, but there are some sites that you can browse through several like https://lemmyverse.net/communities?nsfw=null for a starting point.

As to 2.0, it’s a preference thing. Some people like RSS feeds to have stuff come in, some want a more personal touch. If it’s actual news of good province I’ll keep them, but garbage memes can go.

• Lophostemon@aussie.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

TBH I’ve never been able to figure out RSS feeds. Just my smooth brain.

But yeah it would be awesome to dump garbage “sources”.