Welcome to the Melbourne Community Daily Discussion Thread.

• bull⚡@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I used to keep a mental list of users with incredible/dirty names when I worked on an IT helpdesk. Some absolute doozies out there.

• Taleya@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Couple decades ago a coworker almost made it all the way through a call with a mister baumhal without slipping.

Almost.

• SituationCake@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I always wonder why people keep their funny names. If I was a member of Buttnutt, Assdingle, or Tittslap family I would be changing my name the instant I was 18. No way would I go through life like that.

• Taleya@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

There is a client I have to deal with named - I shit you not - Rusty Shackleford.
      Every interaction i have to physically fight down the urge to scream SHASHASHA in his face

• Nath@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

I had a teacher at school called Miss Sidebottom. I was close enough with her to ask her one day whether she got teased for her surname.

That was the day I learned that the name Sidebottom is a powerhouse in the AFL. Both her brothers played and she had other relatives in the sport also. So no, she wasn’t teased at all.

I still hear the name Sidebottom around the sport, some nephew or something I assume. It always makes me think of her. She was a great teacher.