Any of you running D4 in Linux through Lutris?

I’m currently on openSUSE Tumbleweed with Lutris installed as a flatpak from flathub.

The game runs pretty decently though I had to turn down the graphics a bit compared to what I can run in Windows.

After a while tho the game starts chugging and then basically freezes almost completely. I can still hear sounds in the background but the game looks like it slows down to like one frame per minute and I can’t tab out or switch over to a terminal with alt ctrl F* either. Basically my entire computer slows to a halt and I end up having to do a hard pwoer off.

Anyone else having this problem?

• snap@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Installed directly via steam on X11 running buttery smooth here. Proton 8.0

• nlm@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Installed via Steam? You can’t install Diablo via Steam can you? Just add it as a non steam game shortcut?

Works now though! It was just sucking up all my ram. :P

• pelotron@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m running via steam/proton, and I’ve encountered the situation you describe twice. Both times were after playing for several hours. Being difficult to reproduce, it hasn’t bothered me much.

• nlm@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

When it happens during each session it gets a bit tiresome. Especially when progress wasn’t being correctly saved. Had to redo a bunch of quest steps which gets old pretty quickly.

• ladydascalie@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have it installed through Lutris in the same way you have, running on Arch instead but that should make no difference really. I don’t have those problems at the moment.

Perhaps your setting within Lutris are not right? Which version of proton are you running?