I hate and loathe myself because of asking for help again (and by the way, thanks a lot to the person who helped me), but something quite unexpected happened to me and I don’t have the financial resources at the moment, so I’m back here… I didn’t want to ask for help back here, I’ve never really asked for help online in this way, so I thought about going to other Lemmy communities but I can’t find any, and on Reddit (which I personally don’t use) most communities just for the privilege (according to them) of posting I need to have accumulated karma in their specific sub and up to 60 days of activity, so honestly, fuck Reddit.

My cat who is only 3 years old yesterday in the afternoon he didn’t want to eat much, he’s not apathetic and looks fine but that’s not really normal for him. Then today in the morning I served him some tuna and he ate but really little, and to my surprise when I went to clean his litter box I find that he had bloody diarrhea… It has been about 10 hours since I saw his bloody diarrhea and although I offer him more food he is not really interested, there is something in him that attracts him to food but then he smells it and does not eat, I have tried with different cat foods and none of them attract him, and no, the tuna does not attract him now either. Besides, I saw him vomit several times and he basically threw up the little he ate.

According to what I read, it could be intestinal parasites and I think it is possible, although I think the last time I dewormed him was only 3 months ago at the most.

A consultation at the vet in my country costs around $30, only the consultation and follow up, I have no idea how much it might cost an exam in case he needs one, and then the medicines… My idea was to open a GoFundMe but it is not available in my country, and I thought about opening one with a VPN but most likely it will ask me for bank details from the country where I am supposed to be, so really my only option is Paypal. I could also create a Venmo account, but I don’t know if it makes any difference for this purpose.

Edit: For privacy reasons, I delete some context.

Thank you if you got this far reading, anyone who can donate me any amount no matter how small would be greatly appreciated, my Paypal is cathex@tutanota.com!

Edit: OMG thank you so much to the person who donated me! I appreciate it very much and so does my cat!

• Iraglassceiling [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Hey hmu if you need more help navigating the situation. Sounds like you’re not in the same country as me, but I am a licensed vet and I might be able to help you troubleshoot. (Shit, I might be able to give you straight up medical advice, but I gotta call my local board first and double check about international rules.)

• CatUserOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I greatly appreciate your help and I will take it into account, but for the moment I think it is not necessary. Yesterday with the help of a user who donated I was able to take my cat to the vet and after the general checkup (check the gums, palpate different areas to detect any foreign body, weigh him, measure his temperature, etc) the vet who attended me yesterday suggested me that just for yesterday as she did not detect anything unusual for the moment, I have to give him nutritional supplements and deworming according to his weight and also to give him a diet of boiled chicken because he had been practically a day without eating, and that if that did not help I would have to proceed with the tests (which I could do even if he got better, but really at this time I could not afford them so for now I only did the first suggestion) and it seems that luckily the vet was right because actually that was yesterday morning, and already today in the morning he was eating again and although he still has watery poops I really do not see that they have blood. I still have to take him today for his revision and then she will probably tell me to take him in a week or two but for now he is fine! In general he is a cat that although he gets along well with me, when I have to put him in the carrier he gets extremely crazy, I didn’t want to take him but I had to do it, so if I have any doubt I will contact you again to avoid having to take him directly if possible.

Thank you so much for offering to help me, and all the people who have donated to me!