So far my list includes Comcast, EA, and Nestle. Tell me yours, and I’ll help out.

• Neuromancer@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Who had a large scale consumer product before Tesla?

Your claim he didn’t create the market. Who had the market before Tesla? Who else had large scale production before Tesla ?

Who has the largest market share?

Let’s see you prove your claim.

Tesla would have folded if Elon was not part of it. People only started to take notice after the success of Tesla.

• givesomefucks@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Your claim he didn’t create the market

No, you said Tesla created the market…

I said that was false, now your demanding I prove your wrong because you can’t prove your opinion is facts.

That’s not how this is supposed to work…

• Neuromancer@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Yes, I am asking you to back up your claim. Who created the market if it wasn’t Tesla? That isn’t my opinion. That is well well-documented fact.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/061915/story-behind-teslas-success.asp

Tesla’s release positioned it as one of the few successful independent automakers and a pioneer in the electric car market.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-can-be-thanked-creating-a-growing-ev-market-2020-10

If you think the growing electric-car market would exist without Tesla, think again

You seem to be the only person who thinks otherwise.

cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

Your first link doesn’t even mention your claim…

Your second is an opinion piece that doesn’t back up their claims… And I doubt the authors judgement because they said up to 2016 no one was betting on EVs, despite virtually all of the big companies being in the game at that point.

If you set out to prove some people believe it wouldn’t happen without Tesla, congrats.

But I can find an article from someone who thinks the world is flat too, that doesn’t mean the world is flat.

• pensa@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            8 months ago

The first link addressed his claim pretty thoroughly. I suspect you commented that assuming most people would not read it to verify your claim. I have seen you spouting bullshit all throughout this comment section so I had to read it so that I can call you out. You’re either lying or extremely bad at understanding the article. He provided links, you provided bullshit.

Here is the actual quote from the second article you take issue with: “But Elon Musk’s company has shown that EVs are a viable way to build a business. As recently as 2016, the jury was still out on that matter.” So you twisted shit so much you changed the meaning. That’s either done in bad faith or you’re extremely bad a reading comprehension.

So could you name any EVs that were available from the big companies in 2016?

I hate that I am here defending Tesla, but I hate the bullshit coming from you even more.

cake
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              8 months ago

I hate that I am here defending Tesla,

At least you finally admitted it, can you stop replying to every comment in this thread now? That’d be great, but I’m fine going back to ignoring you too.

• Neuromancer@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

Both articles back the claim.

You have yet to spout anything but your opinion, which goes against everyone else’s opinion.

The big 3 were not taking EV cars seriously. They did enough to show they were doing it but their focus was ICE.

Tesla changed that. You are free to stomp your foot all you want but it doesn’t change that Tesla drove the EV market forward. They dominate the EV market for that reason and have the highest percentage of people who would buy another Tesla EV.