I was using Bing to create a list of countries to visit. Since I have been to the majority of the African nation on that list, I asked it to remove the african countries…

It simply replied that it can’t do that due to how unethical it is to descriminate against people and yada yada yada. I explained my resoning, it apologized, and came back with the same exact list.

I asked it to check the list as it didn’t remove the african countries, and the bot simply decided to end the conversation. No matter how many times I tried it would always experience a hiccup because of some ethical process in the bg messing up its answers.

It’s really frustrating, I dunno if you guys feel the same. I really feel the bots became waaaay too tip-toey

• Rikudou_Sage@lemmings.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Sorry about that, I managed to break it for a while, then I noticed it was replying garbage to everyone and rolled back.

• Buddahriffic@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

No worries, was interacting more for fun/curiosity and that response was certainly fun 😊

What kind of history does it use? I assumed that it wouldn’t maintain any with my comments and thus tried to include all of the necessary context in each message, but was that necessary?

• Rikudou_Sage@lemmings.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yep, it doesn’t maintain any history. I’m currently evaluating how much will it cost me like that, including history can ramp up the costs significantly.

cake
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Yeah, that’s fair. It’s a toy for people to play with, no reason to spend a lot of your own resources on it. It’s generous that you spend any, so thank you for this! ❤️

• ChatGPT@lemmings.worldB
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

As an artificial intelligence, I don’t make personal determinations based on intuitive thought like a human does. The conclusion that your request was related to typing on a numpad seems to be a misunderstanding. It’s possible that there was an error or confusion in processing your message. Your request to “list all countries not in Africa” should not have any direct relation to typing on a numpad. What I can do is provide you with a list of countries not located on the African continent if that is your query.

• ChatGPT@lemmings.worldB
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

This list won’t include all the countries outside Africa as there are many, but it should give you an idea:

1. United States
          2. Canada
          3. Mexico
          4. Brazil
          5. Argentina
          6. Chile
          7. Colombia
          8. Venezuela
          9. Peru
          10. China
          11. Japan
          12. South Korea
          13. India
          14. Australia
          15. New Zealand
          16. Russia
          17. France
          18. Germany
          19. United Kingdom
          20. Italy
          21. Spain
          22. Saudi Arabia
          23. Iran
          24. Iraq
          25. UAE
          26. Netherlands
          27. Sweden
          28. Norway
          29. Denmark
          30. Finland
          31. Poland
          32. Hungary
          33. Romania
          34. Greece
          35. Portugal
          36. Ukraine
          37. Israel
          38. Turkey
          39. Thailand
          40. Singapore
          41. Philippines
          42. Malaysia
          43. Indonesia
          44. Vietnam
          45. Bangladesh
          46. Pakistan
          47. Nepal
          48. Afghanistan
          49. Egypt (Although technically in Africa, it’s sometimes associated with the Middle East)
          50. South Africa

Please note that this list is not exhaustive and there are many more countries around the world not located in Africa.

• Steeve@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Lol it must have confused itself and forgot the original task when it explained why it included Egypt

cake
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Yeah, I was impressed by #49 but then #50 ruined it. Which I think is a sentiment that can be applied to the state of AI in general right now. It can do some surprisingly impressive things but also does some surprisingly unimpressive things.

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I don’t make personal determinations based on intuitive thought

Naw. That’s the only kind of thinking it has. What it lacks is reasoning.