• Chariotwheel@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

If we continue like this we will have Mariah Carey all year long. This is why we need to stop climate change!

• Fredselfish@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I am really getting sick of Christmas shit being displayed and pushed in October. Quit ruining Halloween. Save that shit for Thanksgiving at least that closer to it.

For one I say Fuck Christmas and will not celebrate it. It all capitalism bullshit only reason they keep starting so early. Soon as fall hits they start right off with the Christmas shit because I guess Halloween doesn’t have the financial draw for retail as Christmas.

• SomeAmateur@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Halloween is way too soon for Christmas anything and I refuse to partake in anything Christmas until about Thanksgiving.

I hate Christmas from the business perspective too. It’s almost all a cash grab and it’s all so fucking hollow and shallow feeling.

I like a quiet Christmas experience. Every Christmas movie basically has the same moral. It’s the people and the time spent with them, and I try to focus on that instead of all the corporate chaos. I like the religious aspect of it too, because Jesus isn’t trying to sell me anything.