• dmention7@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

In 20 years or less this will sound as stupid as if some “innovator” of the early automobile days had added a galloping motion to car seats or a lever you could pull to dump fake manure in the middle of the road.

Look, I really enjoy driving a car with a manual transmission, and I will probably own one until they are as expensive to own as a horse is currenrly. But I can’t for the life of me imagine why someone would take a system that has none of the disadvantages of a manual transmission system, and… add them back in a completely superficial way for some reason.

• Cenzorrll@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Yeah, I’ve driven manual transmissions my whole life and recently got a leaf, there’s no reason to add all this crap to it to make it more fun. It’s the most responsive car I’ve ever driven and I mostly drive it in “less fun mode”

I could see having a “transmission” in something like a rivian, but more as something for off-roading or carrying heavy loads to give you more control of your speed and rather than mimicking a sports car.

• Igloojoe@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Can I get the “fake” manure feature on my current car? The ability to have my car take a shit would be hilarious!